Christmas Parade Fun
Our team smiling through the rain with our beautiful car!
On Friday, November 30th, we welcomed the month of December and the Christmas season with open arms at our Christmas in Cullman parade hosted by Cullman Parks, Recreation, and Tourism. We decorated our SERVPRO® car with pretty lights, a bow, and a wreath. The parade route was about a mile long and we were to able to spread holiday cheer as we handed out candy to the little kids as we walked and drove by. It was such a wonderful sight to see all the other floats and cars all decorated so beautifully. It poured rain the entire time, but we did not let that bring us down! Being in the parade definitely made it feel like Christmas time! After the parade ended, they lit up the giant Christmas tree in the downtown park and had a great concert put on by a local band. It was a great night all around.
We are so excited to have Scott Browning join our team as the newest Sales and Marketing Representative! Scott has an extensive sales background, and he is eager to get started. We can't wait to watch him succeed!
The holiday season is officially here! It’s so exciting to start decorating and getting in the Christmas spirit! Some will use an artificial tree, instead of using a real tree, simply for the convenience and the allergens that come with real ones. Unfortunately, when an artificial tree has been stored in a garage, basement, or storage unit, it can house mold and dust. There are some simple steps to follow before putting up your tree, to avoid having issues.
- Remove the tree from the box and get the base secured. Spread all the branches out in order to attach the branches after you have cleaned them. If it is easier for you, put down a sheet to catch any debris that may fall as you’re cleaning.
- Test your vacuum on the tree. When you do this, use an upholstery brush attachment to test a small part at the base of the tree. The vacuum cleaner should be able to safely clean your tree without damaging it. If you do not have the attachment, you can use a hand held vacuum on a weaker suction.
- Start vacuuming. It is easiest if you work from top to bottom. Gently use your vacuum brush to suction dust off of the branches and the trunk of the tree. Make sure to avoid vacuuming the tree into the hose or pulling out greenery. Doing that, could result in damage to your vacuum.
- Prepare to wipe down the tree. Fill a bucket with mild dish soap and warm water, avoiding any harsh chemicals that could damage your tree. Make sure to unplug your tree if it has built in lights. Use a soft washcloth or dust rag to clean the tree, these cloths will be easier in the cleaning process and won’t get tangled up in the branches.
- Wipe the trunk and branches. Dip your rag into the soapy water and wring it out well. Use the rag to gently clean the tree, working top to bottom. Rinse the dust off of your rag frequently to prevent spreading dust to other parts of the tree. Change the water in your bucket as necessary. If you see suds are appearing on your tree, or that the branches are very wet, then you are not wringing out the rag enough. Allow the tree to dry completely before plugging the tree back in.
Now you are ready to decorate your tree!
Training & Thanksgiving
Some of the team conversing and eating
On November 16th, our entire team was able to get together for almost a whole day to have some more training. We learned about customer service from our owner, Angelia Hendon, and we also learned some basic Drying 101 with our other owner, Greg Hendon. It was so great for everyone to be in the same room to be able to grow as individuals, and as a team. It is very rare that we are all in the same room because of how busy we are! After we finished training, we all came together for a delicious Thanksgiving meal. Everyone pitched in and cooked sides, or baked desserts, for us to enjoy as a team. During our meal, we were asked to write down five things we were thankful for. There are so many things to be thankful for, that it is hard to choose just five!
Pictured are Jay Belcher, our Sales & Marketing Representative, and Haley Nelson, our Marketing Support Coordinator
On November 8th, we attended the Career Awareness Fair at Wallace State Community College that was hosted by our local chamber of commerce. We got to meet hundreds of local 8th graders from different schools in the area, and teach them all about SERVPRO. They all were very excited and interested in what we had to say. It was a lot of fun to see young children be interested and get to talk about what they want to do in the future with their career paths. We also go to bring in some of our equipment to show them how it works and why we use it. We had an air mover, ozone generator, and a rover. We even let some of the kids try out the Rover!
The Holidays Are Here
The holidays are fast approaching. This means a lot of delicious food is being cooked, and beautiful decorations are starting to be put up in homes and businesses. This also means there will be more house fires due to all of the cooking going on for family get togethers, and from the Christmas lights and candles being burned. It is important to make sure that you keep a close eye on all cooking and make sure to turn off Christmas lights. If your home or business experiences a fire, call a restoration company you can trust. Our highly trained technicians are experienced in responding quickly to damages and getting your house back to pre-fire condition. We will make sure your home or business will be running like normal and it will be “Like it never even happened.”
Call us today! (256)-736-2036
Why Choose Us?
Our office is located at 8450 AL-157, Cullman, AL 35057.
Here at SERVPRO of Cullman/Blount Counties, we understand what you are going through. As an insurance agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claim costs down, while also providing the best service possible. Our professionals are uniquely qualified to help. Restoring property is SERVPRO of Cullman/Blount Counties' top priority. You will appreciate the immediate response, and you will rest assure knowing that everything to prevent loss is being done. We know that restoring property is cheaper than replacing property- and that is drilled into our minds. We do an itemized loss inventory. This means you will get an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items. Our technicians go through rigorous IICRC training in Fire and Water Restoration Cleanup. We are here to help.
Call today! (256)-736-2036
When Storms Hit...SERVPRO is There!
SERVPRO of Cullman/Blount Counties specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. Our franchise was voted Storm Team Franchise of The Year for 2015. We are always willing & ready to travel anywhere to help out with large loss storm clean-up!
Lending a Hand
A few days after Hurricane Florence hit, two complete crews, our Production Manager, and our General Manager loaded up our Storm equipment in their vehicles and immediately headed to North Carolina to help assist in the large loss clean-up that was left behind by the hurricane. We are so thankful for our amazing team that makes all of this possible and have such a strong desire to help those in need!
When dealing with large loss clean-up, remember that a fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams.
Never Forget, We are Always Here to Help!!
Fall is in Full Swing
Fall is in the air! This time of year is the best to get some much needed work done in and around your home. The cooler weather makes it bearable to be outside to work in the yard, or on the outside of your house before the cold and dark of winter sets in. Follow this list for easy maintenance you can do now!
1. Give attention to trees and shrubs: The reason for this is that there is not much growth for trees/plants this time of year, so many things start to die. The importance of taking care of trees and shrubs is to lessen the chance of one of them falling and causing major damage to your home or car during a winter storm.
2. Check your safety devices: This one is very important. It is crucial to make sure you are checking your smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors. This would also be a good time to check your home for radon. As the weather gets cooler, windows are not opened as often, which could cause for radon build up inside your home.
3. Clean gutters and drain pipes: During storms, leaves can clog up your gutters and drain pipes. This causes water back up and can cause major damage to your home's roof and siding.
4. Check your ducts and seal gaps: Now that the weather is cooling off, its time to start warming up the house. It is important to get your duct work checked to insure that everything is sealed properly in order to not experience heat loss. By making sure this is taking care of, it will also help cut costs on electricity bills!
Want to get your ducts checked?
Give SERVPRO of Cullman/Blount Counties a call at (256)-736-2036 and have one of our trained professionals come out and take a look.
We Specialize In Flooded Basement Clean Up!
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today -256-736-2036
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Cullman/Blount Counties and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment